Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Episode II (cont.) - Catching Our Tail

Arboreal Octopus
On our way back to the ship I lag behind while the others trudge through the jungle. When I catch up, I find them all suspended by vaguely spider-like vine things. I am later told they were arboreal octopus! (or is that octopi?)

My companions were left quaking in their boots at the sight of these things, and it isn't until we are back at the ship healing/resting that they finally calm down.

Overnight, R4 spots some kind of ship in orbit, and we guess that it is the same ship that "greeted" us when we first arrived in the system.

We go to the next crash site. It is a large chunk of the engine that has fallen at a natural narrowing of a canyon, and it has now dammed up the water behind it. Water flows through the ship's remains. We climb up... No, let me rephrase that. I climb up and haul Dragool and IT3's asses up, and we explore. Turns out to be a waste of time since everything's rusted to pieces. We'd need salvage gear and plasma torches to get anywhere, so we decide to leave.

Dragool decides to take the quick way down, and mis-judges his dive. He doesn't re-surface when he should, and so it is left up to me. I do a graceful armstand back double-somersault with one and a half twists in the free position, parting the water with 'nary a ripple, right next to our fallen comrade. I drag his sorry ass to shore, and the rest of the crew join us without incident. No, let me rephrase that. I had to climb back up so I could lower Provence and IT3 down. Glad G'unresh is self-sufficient!

Nexu eyeing dinner
On our way back to our ship, 2 nexu attack us! Again, my companions are scared witless! This is a nasty trend I am going to have to watch out for, but we eventually get back to our ship.

The next day we fly to the next site, which has a significant sized chunk of ship. There appears to be people nearby, since there is a bridge nearby, and trails. In the wreckage, we find a security scanner that Provence pilfers. I also pick up a magnetic vibro-knife.

We also find a holo recording, along with a holo projector. It seems to be of the final moments of the ship, with Capt Harsol being heroic and protecting some of his crew.

While we are still in the ship, we encounter two more nexu, but these have cybernetics and upgrade mods! I am suitably impressed when one pounces on Provence, but he manages to artfully dodge out of the way, Matrix-style. After that, they don't seem too difficult to deal with, and we quickly dispatch them. Well, not that quickly. Over the course of the last two days, Dragool has been receiving grievous wounds, and they are starting to take their toll on him.

Meanwhile, a ship approaches outside, and Rawr uncharacteristically shows the better part of valour, and flies off. Five individuals disembark and head towards us. We duke it out in a corridor, and eventually emerge victorious. The first complication is that Dragool's arterial spray is making a mess and getting the floor all slippery. Provence rushes over to see what he can do but it looks like they'll be busy for the next couple hours.

Just when we thought we had a minute to breathe, we hear some chatter on the bad guys' comm links! I grab one of the Trandoshan's comm. units and buy us a bit of time... When G'unresh and I arrive at their ship, disguised as their crew and carrying their "leader", they let us in. A swift left-hook and a well placed shot later, and we're in possession of yet another ship! And look, they brought salvaging equipment! How kind of them.

Now we just have to deal with the human tech and the rhodian (?) muscle outside. Maybe they can answer some questions... like how they found us here?

+9 XP

No comments:

Post a Comment