Thursday, September 26, 2013

Drowning in the Desert

During a bit of down-time, Provence gets the smart idea to take off the weapon sling from G'unresh's disruptor... but all I heard was a sharp "ping" and parts went flying all over... So much for that sling. At least the gun didn't discharge!

In the morning, we notice that our ship is being watched... On our way out, we attempt to set an ambush - fail. We attempt to split up, distract, steal and plant - fail. In the end, we lose our curious party in the outlying areas of the town.

At the hotel, Labria arrives on a speeder, drunk. She directs us to the Flats, at a water silo.

Ithorian
We rent-to-own an A1 landspeeder for 4000 credits, with 200 credits per day - damages for rental, with deposit refunded upon return.

We set out in the evening, and arrive about an hour later, near dark. In the silo, 3 humans and 1 furry thing are dead. The Ithorian is dead, but we collect a data pad from her

Arno's Next.
Not very descriptive, I know. Why couldn't she write more while she was dying? Damn Ithorian!

Well, it looks like her killer set a trap for us. The doors close, and the silo starts filling with water. Everyone else is in a panic, but not me. I mean come on, why doesn't everyone carry a breath mask? After Rawr and I claw our way to the top of the silo, I throw down my breath mask to Provence who is starting to look nervous. A few minutes later, everyone is safe. Of course, speeders are heard in the distance.

I re-appropriate the Ithorian's speeder, and we take off. The speeders we heard attack us, and that's when my day (night?) takes a turn for the worst. My speeder is shot out from under me, and I get an agonizing injury from a blaster. Of course, we get 2 suits of Laminate Armour, and heavy blaster pistols.

We interrogate one of those bounty hunters, who says that IG-72, an assassin droid, hired hum. They were told the person they were looking for would be in the Cantina tonight. So of course, that's where we go, thinking it was Labria.

Well, no sooner do we get there and start asking questions, when in comes two dudes in heavy clothes and a guy who likes to be called Puggles. (Puggles? Really?). From what I remember, the fight was really cool. First a stun grenade gets dropped on me, then Frank disrupts (and disintegrates!) one of the guys. I then almost slice off his shoulder, but in retaliation he pushes the red button and he's spewing flame across the Cantina! I don't know about anyone else, because I'm covered in napalm, and I'm blinded. The smell of burnt lizard is overpowering, but luckily it doesn't last long. No, let me clarify: the fire didn't go out, but my consciousness does.

When I come to again, I'm floating in a bacta tank, and it is 4 days later. Looks like we won the fight after all. They got some nice loot for G'unresh to pick through:

  • 2 disruptor rifles
  • 1 heavy blaster rifle, modded.
    • Ranged [Heavy], Damage 13, Critical 3, Range [Long], Auto-fire, Cumbersome 3, Pierce 1
    • Rifle Flame Projector Attachment
      • Ranged [Heavy], Damage 13, Critical 2, Range [Short], Burn 5, Blast 8
  • Vibroknife
  • 3 stun grenades
  • 2000 credits
Of course, my stay in the hot tub cost us 2000 credits in bacta, and an additional 500 credits in docking fees.

Oh, and we returned the speeder we rented. There was this big dent on the front that they tried to bill us for... I remember something about Dragool driving it through the head of one of those bounty hunters who attacked us in the desert. But since we had two spare speeders that we recovered from that same encounter, he decided to call it even at just one day's rental fee, with full refund for the speeder.

Who do you think shows up? It is Arno who is knocking on our door! Was at the Dune Sea, and Slag's message told him to look us up. He does not know Adar whom we were looking for.

Canyon Crate Dragon
The next morning we travel with Arno to the Wastes. Looks like other bounty hunters are out and about. Also, Canyon Crate Dragons are proving to be pests.


At the Sedi Fisk Desert Manor, we find only ruins, and evidence of tuscan raiders from sometime last year.

Decide to head to Lank's Farm, but choose to stop at the Oasis, run by Priests. They seem pretty neutral, but that could be a problem, if they let any sort of riff-raff stay here.

+7 XP

No comments:

Post a Comment